Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Broke College Girl Tip No. 1


Sell stuff. Over Christmas break I took a bunch of clothes to Plato’s Closet and even though they only took half of it since the rest was in ‘poor condition’, I still walked out with ninety bucks!
So a couple days ago I raided my closet again and found this old purse: 
that I don’t find particularly attractive now, but trust me it was the height of fashion back in seventh grade. So I decided to brave the Internet and list it on eBay. Two days later, I was fifty bucks richer. Fair warning: woe betide you if you actually try and get the money from a PayPal account to your bank account. Especially if your sixth grade self had created a PayPal account linked to your eBay email and listed with a credit card that could not be verified since it no longer existed. MOST FRUSTRATING TWO HOURS OF MY LIFE. 

No comments: