Monday, June 20, 2011

{on adulthood}

This whole having-a-job-business has some definite downsides. 
I do not like getting up at 6:30 everyday. For some perspective: the last semester my earliest class (and that was only three days a week) was at 9:15. I usually rolled out of bed at 8:55.
I do not like having to go to bed at 10:30 in order to get up at 6:30.
I do not like having approximately two hours to do anything non-job related.
I do not like the bit of nannying that involves being a mom with no actual mom clout. 
I do not like having to deal with the pettiness, squabbling, and utter lack of compassion that defines fourth grade siblings.

But it also has some upsides.
I like having something to do each day (especially now that my car is sitting sadly in a body shop somewhere).
I like having cash flow.
I like that sometimes my job involves fun stuff like playing hide-and-seek, having pillow fights, and going to the pool. 

No comments: