Thursday, August 11, 2011

{coffeeshop soundtrack}

Ahh. Today is a good day. Yesterday I took my history final and am officially DONE with history classes from this point onward. So now when I hang out in Starbucks (because my house has become a construction zone) I can do more interesting things. Namely, writing lots of emails, uploading photos, researching internships, co-writing my screenplay, read Let the Great World Spin which I just borrowed from a friend, and creep on the other people here. Wow. Between the four moms who have set up court in the back and look Real Housewives-worthy, the two nurses who must have three hour lunch breaks or some neglected patients, my former pastor, a lawyer with a two foot stack of case material (re-thinking law school...), the hipster couple on the couches who are talking really really loud and the cute blonde guy in the corner, its much more interesting in here than you might think. 
Only a week and a half til school starts and I have to start doing real work again. 
I'm really enjoying just hanging out with friends and doing silly things like obsessing over ridiculous TV shows, driving for hours trying to find the town of Serenbe, zumba, and enjoying the fact that for this small window in time, and in life really, we have no obligations.
In some good news from the world, stock market's up (for now) and the London riots are slightly more under control.
Listening to: the entire For Emma, Forever Ago album, Bon Iver (sidebar: the governor of Wisconsin named July 22nd Bon Iver Day. Who knew?)

No comments: