Sunday, August 14, 2011

{odds and ends}

I've begun a habit of accidentally collecting things in the front of my purses. Usually it was just a couple things, like plane tickets that I needed to hang onto, maps, etc. But I was looking for a receipt in the purse I use now and I found all this stuff. How exactly I didn't notice this mushrooming collection is beyond me. I was going to clear it out, but its kind of cool to have it all there. Like a little, skewed snapshot of what I've been up to in the last year or so.

-a street map of Paris
-two train tickets
-an info slip for open rehearsal for Gospel Choir
-a ten rupee note (my dad brought it back from his last trip to India)
-a saints bracelet from Notre Dame
-two iTunes/Starbucks music of the week cards
-an El pass
-movie tickets to Super 8 and Deathly Hallows Part 2
-a magnet from my eye doctor
-a slip to reactivate my lost student ID
-a business card from our hotel in Paris
-a card from The Paris Market in Savannah
-a postcard from Prague
-a card from Marie Catrib's (really good sandwich shop) in Grand Rapids
-a postcard from Santa Barbara that I never got around to sending
-ticket from the Noah & the Whale concert I missed
-two hair ties
-a sticker from the blood drive
-a fortune cookie fortune that reads "You will get an offer that will be hard to turn down"
-ticket stub from Billy Elliot on Broadway
-a pin from the Atlanta Shakespeare Tavern
and, finally,
-a baggage claim slip from Salt Lake to LAX
It'd be really interesting to see what someone would assume about me based on all this stuff.

No comments: