Monday, August 8, 2011

still i am not from barcelona...

A lovely weekend filled with:
-trying new Middle Eastern restaurants
-celebrating birthdays
-reunions with long-lost (well, for two months anyway) friends
-sleeping in (no more seven am wake-up call!)
-the wonderful feeling that is having your hair newly cut
-trying to sort through the piles of new music I've accumulated
-kind of sort of studying for my history final
-going to a completely adorable wedding for one of my childhood friends
-making stuff for my room next year
-sending little sister and brother, senior and freshman respectively, off to high school
-Fat Phoebe parties
I don't remember where I heard/read the idea, but I think the basic idea was that these girls used to know someone named Phoebe who was like manic-depressive or something and would throw parties with tons of champagne and chocolate when she was in a down cycle (which was apparently a lot), and they continued the tradition by throwing them for friends who were having a rough time. 
Well, my sister, paradoxical overacheiver and procrastinator that she is, still wasn't done with her summer reading. So I stayed up to keep her company and threw this together,
because truffles and chocolate covered strawberries make even annotating All the King's Men bearable.
Listening to: King of Spain--The Tallest Man on Earth
We Turn it Up--Oh Land
Watching: this.
Reading: Franny & Zooey. Again. I should really be working on the stack I collected over freshmen year...

No comments: