Saturday, July 9, 2011

santa barbara


words cannot express how much i love santa barbara. in my mind, it is the perfect town. it even has perfect weather. and its a beach town curled up beneath the mountains, a town where the beach is always empty. when we were little, my grandpa told us that east beach's secret name was 'money beach'. we would go out  really early in the morning since that's when wreckage and treasure from ships would wash up. surprised but glad that no one else seemed to know about this magical stretch of real estate, we ran through the waves, picking up quarters that must have just rolled in. Years later, of course, we realized it was my grandpa throwing coins into the wind ahead of us, but that beach still feels magic to me. I feel completely at peace. Diving into the ice cold waves, I feel like I could spend forever here.




Listening to: my "California Dreamin'" playlist, of course!
California--Phantom Planet
California Girls--Beach Boys
California English--Vampire Weekend
Earthquakes & Sharks--Brandtson
Surfin' USA--Beach Boys
Dani California--Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Beach--All Time Low
Californication--Red Hot Chili Peppers
Mansard Roof--Vampire Weekend
Catch a Wave--Beach Boys
Miss California--Jack's Mannequin
California Dreamin' --Mamas and the Papas
Good Vibrations--Beach Boys

No comments: