Saturday, July 2, 2011

weekend update

so titled after what used to be the seth-and-amy slot of SNL, its little snippets of the weekend. cut short since i'm leaving the land of internet access tomorrow.
this weekend:
i took the twins to the georgia aquarium
we saw dolphins and belugas and the seemingly identical harbor seals/river otters/sea otters
i came down with some sort of twenty-four hour bug (right before we left for the aquarium--not fun)
i cancelled all my weekend plans
i slept for sixteen solid hours
i woke up, read travel memoirs, and subsisted on juice my mommy brought me for the rest of the day
i got an unexpected but not altogether unsurprising letter
i packed
i turned down an internship opportunity for next fall since it would have taken too much of my time (anyone know of a, say, four-hour internship per week? kay thanks)
i saw the trailer for the next pixar movie:
And now I wish my hair was this wild and red and curly. Also I'm psyched for old-school Pixar to be back.
And tomorrow, I'm headed off to South Dakota and Santa Barbara (what, you don't plan midwest/california coast combo vacations?) to see the grandparents and relax. 
Happy half-way-through-the weekend, everyone!
Listening to: Go (the album), Jonsi

No comments: