Monday, July 11, 2011

scones and (not) studying

Guess what, everyone? I have the week off! Yay! And there was much rejoicing in the land.
Unfortunately, I don't just get to slack off and sleep in. Although I do have lots of fun things planned. Long story short, I was supposed to spend the beginning of my summer on a study abroad program in Japan. And then, as I'm sure you're well aware, the country got hit with a massive earthquake that it still hasn't recovered from yet and the trip got cancelled. And although the impact on my life has been nowhere near to how awful losing your home, family, and livelihood would be (sidenote: Red Cross is still taking donations to help Japan, please give if you can), it did mess up my plans for the summer.  So I'm taking all the classes I was supposed to take in Japan online now. Or I'm supposed to be. I kind of forgot about it for the last three weeks. So today was supposed to be my major study/catch up day.
But studying in the summer is...awful. Even when its raining (guess we've officially hit every-single-afternoon-summer-thunderstorm season down here Georgia). Lots of procrastination occurred. Target runs. Unnecessary skyping. Reading other people's blogs. Thrift store-ing with my sister. Making birthday cards (not even for specific people, just general birthday cards). Wearing knee socks and sliding around my foyer. Setting up google+. I even cleaned my room. So after working really hard for fifteen wholes minutes I decided to give it up as a lost cause and made strawberry-almond scones and listened to She & Him instead.

Hey, there's always tomorrow.
Listening to: Into the Fire, Thirteen Senses

No comments: